Re: Marking up quotes that relate to known Freebase topics/people

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Shawn Simister <simister@google.com> wrote:

> Hey Amit,
>
> Thanks for putting in the hard work to align your content with Freebase.
> Fo what you're trying to accomplish you would use your own identifiers for
> the item IDs and then use the sameAs <http://schema.org/sameAs> property
> to align them with Freebase. Here's how I would mark up a quotation (once
> the type is part of schema.org) using Microdata:

> your learning.</p>
> itemid="http://quotationsbook.com/quotes/author/7349/">
>  <a itemprop="name" href="http://quotationsbook.com/quotes/author/7349/">Mark
> Twain</a>

Beware that the itemprop in an 'a' element will take on the href attribute
as the property value. If you want to annotate the name of the
person/author, you should use a span instead of 'a', or if you really want
a link, add a span inside the a element, like this:
itemprop="name">Mark
Twain</span></a>

Steph.

--