Re: Multi-typed Entities in schema.org; was: Re: makesOffer should accept Service

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 19:14:00 +0000
To: Jarno van Driel <jarno@quantumspork.nl>
Cc: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>, Public Vocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On 8 January 2014 18:15, Jarno van Driel <jarno@quantumspork.nl> wrote:
> Excuse me for being the noob here ;) but how could I literally help out? I'm
> willing but unfortunately unfamiliar with what I could on the webschemas
> wiki nor how to do it. If somebody could point me the way and hold my hand a
> bit so to say, than I'm more than happy to dedicate some of my time to code
> a bunch of examples. I just don't know where and how to start.

Sure. Step 1., get a W3C Account.

a) if you work for  a member organization, find out who your W3C
'advisory committee' rep is, and do it through then
or
b) members of the public can also get W3C accounts, see under
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas#Introduction "To edit this wiki,
you'll need a W3C account; these are available to all"
-> https://www.w3.org/accounts/request has details on the process (it
might take a few hours, and some checking for mail response etc.).

Step 2., create some markup examples. For this you'll need some
passing familiarity with MediaWiki. There are a few ways we could do
this. Markup inline in a Wiki page, or links to files elsewhere (e.g.
W3C mercurial repository --- yet more tooling to learn, github,
external URLs etc.).

W3C's installation of MediaWiki has a useful addon for markup
examples, here's a quick sample:

<syntaxhighlight lang="html4strict" line start="1" highlight="2,3">
</syntaxhighlight>

I have made a super-quick example page here, just to get started:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/MultipleTypesSDO

Feel free to add inline linked examples, attachments, links to github,
gist, mercurial, ... whatever is easiest.

Hope that helps,