Re: VisualArtwork Schema proposal reprise

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Paul Watson
<lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>

> For a coffee mug with a reproduction of a painting on it, I'd probably use
> http://schema.org/CreativeWork to describe the cup, with the "offers"
> property to describe price etc.,  and then have the "about" property ("The
> subject matter of the content") of the CreativeWork (coffee cup) be a
> VisualArtwork type detailing the painting reproduced on the cup.
> Theoretically it might be better to describe the cup with
> http://schema.org/Product, but Product has no "about" property or similar
> with which to reference the VisualArtwork.

Sounds like a perfect use case for the additionalType property (for
microdata markup) or typeof="Product CreativeWork" (for RDFa Lite
markup), so that the properties from both types can be used in the
description :)

Dan