Re: Schema.org site updates: Added RDFa and JSON-LD incoming properties

Hi,

First off, I'd like to join in complimenting the addition of this to
schema.org. Great stuff!

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2014, at 2:48 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:

> >> Dan,
> >>
> >> Please look at [1]. I don't know if this is a glitch or intentional.
> >
> > Thanks. I think you're the first person to have shown interest in the
> > RDFa+RDFS that we used to have in per-term pages. It's on the list of
> > things to add back in, but there are some other things that need to
> > get done first.
> >
> > Note that the entire schema is available at
> > http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html ->
> > http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html
> >
> > Do you have some particular use in mind for in-page schema
> > declarations, or it's just appealing for general Linked Data usage?
>
> For me, I would think that each term might reference the vocabulary
> document somehow (perhaps rel=describedBy?). It would also be useful if
> going to http://schema.org/ would somehow allow discovery of the
> vocabulary.

I agree, that would be nice. I'm sure rdfs:isDefinedBy [1] is the right
property for that. :)

> Perhaps when you get a JSON-LD context there (through
> content-negotiation), it could also include the JSON-LD serialization of
> the RDFS definition? Alternatively, link to it through a suitable
> relationship.

That is a good idea. I think an rdfs:seeAlso [2] link from the context
document to a full serialization would be enough. So a nice start for <
http://schema.org/index.jsonld> could be:

    {
      "@context": {"@vocab": "http://schema.org/"},
      "http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#seeAlso": "
http://schema.org/docs/schema_org.jsonld"
    }

Cheers,
Niklas

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_isdefinedby
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_seealso

The Structured Data linter [1] (among other tools) makes use of the