Re: Schema.org site updates: Added RDFa and JSON-LD incoming properties

On Apr 4, 2014, at 2:48 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:

> On 4 April 2014 22:05, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> On 4/4/14 8:49 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>>
>>> The bad news is only temporary: There are a few glitches that we're
>>> working to fix asap.
>>
>> Dan,
>>
>> Please look at [1]. I don't know if this is a glitch or intentional.
>
> Thanks. I think you're the first person to have shown interest in the
> RDFa+RDFS that we used to have in per-term pages. It's on the list of
> things to add back in, but there are some other things that need to
> get done first.
>
> Note that the entire schema is available at
> http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html ->
> http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html
>
> Do you have some particular use in mind for in-page schema
> declarations, or it's just appealing for general Linked Data usage?

For me, I would think that each term might reference the vocabulary document somehow (perhaps rel=describedBy?). It would also be useful if going to http://schema.org/ would somehow allow discovery of the vocabulary. Perhaps when you get a JSON-LD context there (through content-negotiation), it could also include the JSON-LD serialization of the RDFS definition? Alternatively, link to it through a suitable relationship.

The Structured Data linter [1] (among other tools) makes use of the RDFa+RDFS to perform basic validation services. Right now, I have to build in a special case to fetch the vocabulary from http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html; it would be nice if that could simply be discovered.

(By the way, I've updated the linter to use the updated vocabulary. I expect to update the examples used in the linter to be based on [2] (with attribution). This seems like the best source for those examples; correct me if I've got it wrong, though, please.

Gregg

[1] http://linter.structured-data.org/
[2] https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/blob/master/data/examples.txt