Re: Proposal: Audiobook

On 27 September 2013 17:25, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, understand that paragraph better. ( We should probably Stop being so
> academic on this list; I try to use layman grammar, otherwise, we will scare
> folks away :-)  )

:) it's good to stay practical. And yes, I think even friendly
arguments can be quite offputting for newcomers...

> Dan, do you have any ideas or those other techniques as to how to layout or
> document the useful things about each type ?  Highlighting with markup ?
> Parenthesis ? (useful)  (interesting), etc..

I'm not sure. The easiest (I'm not a designer) would be larger font
size, but that doesn't make a lot of sense in page layout terms. From
my side I'm going to spend some time in the remainder of 2013 on two
relevant things here: stats and a couple of JSON things: first the
JSON-LD context file, second a JSON-LD dump of the schema.

I've made some experiments (with Gregg and Sandro) on D3.js
visualizations, e.g. see
http://danbri.org/2013/SchemaD3/examples/4063550/hack3c.html ... what
I'd hope is that a JSON(-LD) view of the schema will make it easier
for people to experiment with alternative ways to navigate/explore.
For example http://danbri.org/2013/SchemaD3/examples/4063550/hackathon-schema2.js
is quite interesting as an example format since it can be understood
as a tree structure by D3.js, and carries RDFS extractable as
JSON-LD...

Dan