Re: Proposal: Audiobook

Karen,
Thanks - I think we are in agreement, see my last post. I like the idea of organizing schema.org in a more faceted style. In particular I think we should really trim down the hierarchy to the bare minimum (in fact: to true, OntoClean[1] subsumption relations). Currently, I have the impression that we have subtype relations that are often yet not always valid.

Those also clutter the list of properties.

See for instance the impact of the position of

    http://schema.org/CreativeWork

on many other types, like

    http://schema.org/Diet

Since CreativeWork and all of its properties is so high in the hierarchy, it adds many not really relevant properties along the hierarchy.

For instance, "Diet" has the properties

genre			Genre of the creative work
learningResourceType 	The predominant type or kind characterizing the learning resource. For example, 'presentation', 'handout'.
educationalUse		The purpose of a work in the context of education; for example, 'assignment', 'group work'.
isFamilyFriendly	Boolean	Indicates whether this content is family friendly.

which are not too relevant.

So we could simplify the type hiearchy and instead add a notion of "popular facets" and then listing facets (e.g. roles) that are useful to add.

Martin