Re: schema.org and proto-data, was Re: schema.org as reconstructed from the human-readable information at schema.org

Peter,

 I don't think Martin implied that there was some kind of mystical,
non-deterministic process involved in using schema.org markup or that it
could only be consumed by major search players.

 I believe what he was saying (and I concur) is that when you have millions
of authors providing data, there are so many errors and misinterpretations
(i.e., noise) that consuming it and constructing something meaningful out
of it could be non-trivial. Expecting all authors to make the kind of
subtle (but important to certain academic communities) distinctions might
be too much.

guha