RE: SKOS and Freebase

Sorry, those are the only variants currently available.

I'll pass along a suggestion to the team to add others.

Jeff

From: Thad Guidry [mailto:thadguidry@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 5:25 PM
To: Young,Jeff (OR)
Cc: kcoyle@kcoyle.net; Dan Brickley; W3C Web Schemas Task Force
Subject: Re: SKOS and Freebase

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org<mailto:jyoung@oclc.org>> wrote:
I believe that the concepts in FAST are all free-standing. For example, here is the FAST identifier for the concept of cemeteries:

http://id.worldcat.org/fast/850521

If someone wanted to claim that a book was schema:about a more complex notion like "cemeteries in NYC", there could presumably be two choices:
- Simple/simplistic: repeat the schema:about property for each component
or
- Fussy/complicated: coin a new concept that was skos:narrower than the FAST concept and relate that to a particular place (or time or person or organization or ...) using some kind of property like (schema:location).

I realize that schema:location doesn't currently have a schema:domainIncludes that resembles Concept, but it seems like it could.

Jeff

Jeff,

Is there a JSON format for the fast views ?  I only see MARC and RDF.

--
-Thad
Thad on Freebase.com<http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry>