Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

>But why would that person want to use schema.org to
mark up their Concept/Term thing instead of SKOS.

My response to that would be: Ease of use!

The vast majority of people in the world have no idea semantic mark up
exists. Let alone that they know how to use it. That's something we'd all
like to change. To make that possible it simply much easier to have 1
source and 1 vocabulary for people to learn and to implement.

Working with semantics is now mostly a job for people who are already
involved in this and have a basic understanding. 99.9% of the other people
in the world don't and I think it's up to us to create a mechanism so they
can easily start implementing semantics as well.
The use of different vocabularies simply isn't really doable for a novice.
Heck it's already hard for people who are involved.