Re: is/hasAdaption

mmm...

Madeleine

I am not saying that we cannot point to other resources/components). I
think that we agreed that there are metadata schema that describe the
relationship between resources and point from one to another. I am
saying that where you want to point or relate resources, that metadata
(already part of schema.org, eg.), should be used.

I am not sure of what I see as the other part of what you are saying:

Suppose I have a resource that has a number of redundant components so
that it will be available to a user in a range of forms, and those
bits and pieces have different locations. This is very likely to be
the case where a new alternative is added. In the original resource,
there can easily be a pointer to the alternative and I expect HTML 5
to cater for that - is this the case, Charles (N)???.

Otherwise, I assume that if the alternative is covered by metadata it
will be identified as  an alternative and used?

I am not sure I see the problem.....

Liddy