Re: Proposal to include ISNI

In any case, it would of course make sense to encourage the use of ISNI identifiers in markup by means of a respective example in the schema.org spec.

More than 6 million unique identifiers for contributors to creative works is an impressive achievement!

Martin

On Nov 20, 2013, at 10:46 PM, Martin Hepp wrote:

> Hi Laura,
> if there is (or will shortly) be a canonical way of expressing an ISNI identifier as a URI, then I think Paul's proposal is best.
> The difference to ISBN is that for ISBN codes, there is no canonical URI schema defined (at least to my knowledge).
>
> Martin
>
> On Nov 20, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Laura Dawson wrote:
>
>> You’re absolutely right about expressing ISNI in the form of a persistent
>> URI. (Currently you can do so using the URL
>> http://isni-url.oclc.nl/isni/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, but we are moving that
>> functionality to http://www.isni.org/isni/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). However, I
>> was looking at ISNI use in the same way that ISBN is used in “Book”. That
>> potential exists as well, so that data sets can communicate with one
>> another.
>>
>> On 11/20/13, 4:36 PM, "Paul Watson" <lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Laura,
>>>
>>> We currently have the "sameAs" property in "Person" (and in
>>> "Organization")
>>> which is defined as:
>>>
>>> "URL of a reference Web page that unambiguously indicates the item's
>>> identity.
>>> E.g. the URL of the item's Wikipedia page, Freebase page, or official