Re: Proposal: Slideset

On 5/8/13 2:33 PM, Barry Norton wrote:

> Thought about ImageGallery and some others.
>
> In this case I'm less interested in the 'containership' than in the
> (distinctive?) property of having being delivered in certain real life
> (physical, like meetups and conferences) and virtual events (like our
> webinar next week), and these being captured in media objects (in our
> case Vimeo recordings).

Barry,

This makes it sound to me like it is more event-based than it is
format-based. Are you including recorded conference proceedings and TED
talks, that have a mix of slides and recording of the live event? I
originally thought you were focused on the slides themselves. Now your
proposal seems to be recorded "performances" - basically, today's
version of conference proceedings.

> I don't think this is just an academic niche, but also common in
> business. It does raise the spector of wanting FRBR-like chains of
> derivatives though...

I'm almost afraid to ask what you mean by "FRBR...", but... could you
explain?

Thanks,
kc

--