Re: more schema

On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 11:06:10AM +0530, Paola Di Maio wrote:
> reposting under a new subject line
>

> Greetings Schema.org Taskforce
> >
> > Just joined this list, with a couple of things in mind

Welcome!

> > 1. In general, trying to learn about schema.org developments, what's new,
> > whats happening (or not :-), in particular interested at thsi moment about
> >  what is happening in library linked data, as I am preparing a talk I ll
> > give in the summer.

Cool. I'm giving a talk about microdata, schema.org & library systems
(with a specific focus on the current state of schema.org integration in
Evergreen) next week. I'll make the slides available under a CC-BY-SA
license at http://coffeecode.net next week, and the presentation itself
will be recorded. Hopefully that will complement your efforts.

> > if possible pls point me to archives, repositories and
> > interesting/relevant threads where I can learn the latest

I would strongly suggest you check out the W3C Schema Bib Extend
Community Group at http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/ which
launched in September 2012. We're working towards improving the
intersection of bibliographic metadata and schema.org microdata, which
sounds like it's right up your alley. You'll find links to the mailing
lists, wiki pages, and recordings of meetings.

Other than that, I'd recommend working backwards from the posts on the
schema.org blog (http://blog.schema.org/) and the initial Hello World
post by Google announcing the schema.org initiative at
http://googleblog.blogspot.ca/2011/06/introducing-schemaorg-search-engines.html
to get the overall context of the effort over the past two years.

I'm sure you've already found them, but the archives of this mailing
list are at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/

Dan Scott