Re: schema.org 1.0a revision: LRMI, Datasets, Audience, Technical Publishing vocabulary and more.

Hello Karen, isBasedOn came from the LRMI work that I was involved in.
The intention was that be used to indicate a relationship such as an
adaptation or derivative work (think of the things that aren't allowed
by the Creative Commons No Derivative license), not a simple whole/part
relationship such as the example you give.

Curiously enough isPartOf is a property for web pages but not other
creative works in Schema.

Phil

--
work: http://people.pjjk.net/phil
twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/philbarker

Ubuntu: not so much an operating system as a learning opportunity.
http://xkcd.com/456/