Open ARML (Was: Schedule for second "new standards" vision task force call; notes as part of agenda-building)

On 2010-06-11, at 11:08 AM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> I will send out an agenda later today or on Monday. By the end of Wednesday's meeting I would like to have clear expectations and actions about gathering use cases (from real-world sources of "new work"); I don't want to design process devoid of real audiences and experience.
>
> To that end, please send ideas for:
>
> * Groups we should contact
> * Specs of interest.

In the space I've been watching, and in addition to the social media specs already mentioned, I can think of "Open ARML":
http://openarml.org/

Work on ARML is interesting - if only because the group appears to have a quaint definition of "open". At this point in time: no discussion forum linked from the site, no clear mention of copyright or patent disclosure, no info on the stability of the spec… which itself seems to be led by the work of 1 or 2 companies. But they do document, and are seemingly getting traction/usage for their spec.

--
olivier