Re: JSON-LD to QRcode

We include the QRs within PDF letters issued to university students (this is just a pilot project for now).  The letters confirm things like that the student has graduated, or the courses in which they are registered for the current term, but this could be used for any kind of letter that attests something.

The student might upload the PDF as part of an online application process (say to get a student bank account).  Or if opening the account in person at the bank they might present a paper copy of the letter.

An incoming foreign student might print out a paper copy of an ‘offer’ letter from a university, and physically present it to an immigration agent when entering the country and applying for their student visa.  The immigration agent would scan the QR with a verification app.

The verification app confirms the details as they appear in the Verifiable Credential (not as they appear in the PDF, which could be tampered with).

James