W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2017

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-01-19

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 08:43:40 +0100
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>, Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <42950f76-b015-10bf-5468-321a60df1c7c@w3.org>
Hi

I havn't sent my regrets, I should attent this meeting.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Thierry.

Le 17/01/2017 à 22:43, Nigel Megitt a écrit :
> *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt
> start at 11:03am Boston time. *
>
> *As discussed in London, normal meeting begin time is now _1 hour later_*
>
> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
> correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>
> Check https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170119T11&p1=43
>
> Thursdays 11:03am-12:00pm (or from 10:00am for 2 hour meetings) Boston local
>
> *Joining details: *
>
> see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
> (members-only link – if you can't see this and wish to join please
> contact me)
>
> *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>
> *Chairs: *Nigel Megitt
>
> *Scribe:* usually Nigel – open to offers!
>
> *Regrets: *Thierry
>
> *Activity since last meeting:** *
> See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products
>
>
>         Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>
>     *We are still using tracker for /actions/ unrelated to issues.*
>     *Please do not add or modify /issues/ in tracker!*
>
>
>     IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
>     TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
>     TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
>     TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
>     TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>
>     WebVTT:* *https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>
> *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
> *
> *
> Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
> 1. IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)
> 2. Profiles registry
> 3. TTML issues, actions, PRs etc
> 4. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
> 5. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
> 6. WebVTT comments
> 7. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
>
>
>
> Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>
> _January Meetings:_
>
> Thursday 19th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
> Thursday 26th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>
> Further ahead:
>
> Thursday 2nd February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
> Thursday 9th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
> Thursday 16th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
> Thursday 23rd February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>
> _IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events:_ see the timeline of upcoming work
> at _https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work _
>
>
> *Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)*
>
> *IMSC 1.1 update*
>
> *Unicode CLDR discussion*
> Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
> Pierre's response to the recent update is
> at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:9
> Email response from Shervin at
> Unicode https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html
>
> Merged pull requests:
>
>     Prepare specification for 2ED <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/192>;
>     Clarify effective pixel aspect ratio value
>     <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/193>;
>     Added a note that #zIndex is not used
>     <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/197>;
>     Recommend begin+dur in addition to begin+end
>     <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/199>;
>     Add support for editorial area <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/196>
>
> Open pull requests:
>
>     Add support for fillLineGap and optional features
>     <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/200>
>
> New or discussed issues:
>
>     Control background between adjacent lines
>     <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/195>
>
> Editor's draft is directly viewable
> at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
> IMSC Implementation
> Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.
>
> *Agenda+** Profiles registry.*
> *
> *
> Updated (2017-01-17) Working Group Note published
> at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/
> * *
> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
> ACTION-492 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492>(edit)
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492/edit> 	pending
> review 	Publish the updated ttml profile registry at
> https://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/ by 2017-01-19
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/492> 	Thierry Michel
> 2017-01-19 	TTML versions and profiles note
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/12>
>
> *
> *
> Merged pull request:
>
>     Update index.html <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/34>
>     Update index.html
>     <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/33> (yes there are
>     two with the same name)
>
> Open pull requests: none
> Closed issues: none
> New issue: broken link to fix
> <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/35>
>
> https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry
> http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry
>
> *Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc*
>
> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
> ACTION-494 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494>(edit)
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494/edit> 	pending
> review 	Mark the ttml2 issues as discussed and agreed where we've
> discussed and agreed their equivalent ttml1 issues.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/494> 	Nigel Megitt
> 2017-01-20 	TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>
>
>
> CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html> and Fwd:
> Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>
>
> CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR for
> CSS 2.2 & request for reviews
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html> When
> can we schedule a review and gather feedback?
>
>
> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
> ACTION-443 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>(edit)
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit> 	open
> Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2
> for use as a liaison document to arib.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443> 	Glenn Adams
> 2016-08-26 	TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
> ACTION-462 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>(edit)
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit> 	open
> Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles
> of ttml" <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462> 	Glenn
> Adams 	2016-04-28 	TTML2
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>
>
> Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170106/
>
> Merged Pull Requests: None
> Open Pull Requests: Add tts:textShadow example and modify semantics
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/218>
> New TTML1 Issues: Add note clarifying meaning of tts:direction 'ltr' and
> 'rtl' in vertical writing modes. <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/228>
> New TTML2 Issues: Add support for compositing a TTML2 document onto HDR
> video <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/233>
> Closed TTML1 Issues: Formula for dropNTSC time expressions is incorrect.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/191>; Should tts:direction apply
> only to <span>? <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/227>
> Closed TTML2 Issues: none
> Discussed TTML1 Issues: [18 - too many to list]
> Discussed TTML2 Issues: [12 - too many to list]
>
>
> *Focus topic for this week*
> Please prepare your thoughts for discussion of what
> background-on-span-affecting semantics should be supported in TTML2,
> covering at least the issues:
>
>     Should background of a span be height of text in line or computed
>     lineHeight? #101 <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/101>
>     Ways to make span background height be lineHeight #150
>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/150>
>     Clarify semantics of content bpd for inline and line areas #163
>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/163>
>     Add support for adjacent background area merging #189
>     <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/189>
>
> This is in the context also of how we resolve the recently discussed
> IMSC 1.1 issue: Control background between adjacent lines
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/195>
>
>
> Current open
> issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
>
> See spreadsheet of editorial actions
> at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
>
> Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/
> at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>
> More volunteers welcomed!
>
> _TTML Change Proposals – progress and review_
>
> Change Proposal Index is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
>
> The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide
> Review) are:
>
> 5 	OPEN 	2 	Jerry Smith 	TTML2 	HTML5 Mapping semantics
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
> 7 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	3D extensions
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
> 9 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	IMSC2 	Complexity model
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
> 11 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	Metadata vocab
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
> 15 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.CSS additions
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
> 17 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.Defaults
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
> 19 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.Syntax fixes
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
> 21 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	Typography.I18n
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
> 25 	OPEN 	2 	Nigel Megitt 	TTML2 	Distribution
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
>
> *Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document*
>
> Editor's Draft is at http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/
>
> *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>
> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
> ACTION-441 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>(edit)
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit> 	open 	Kick
> off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441> 	Andreas Tai
> 2015-11-05 	
>
>
> See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
> further information on this, this week.
>
> Also HTML import and HTMLCue?
> <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html> email
> from 2016-09-06.
>
> [placeholder agenda item]
>
> *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>
> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
> ACTION-396 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>(edit)
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit> 	open
> Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396> 	David Singer
> 2015-04-17 	WebVTT 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
> ACTION-473 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>(edit)
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473/edit> 	open
> Contact co-chairs and essential parties on how to move forward on vtt;
> need an action plan
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473> 	Thierry Michel
> 2016-06-30 	WebVTT 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
>
>
> Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.
>
> WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review
>
> Open Pull requests: Add a section that explains the CSS extensions to
> authors. <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/317>;* Fix #270: Add
> classes to specify text colour
> <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/279>; Add requirements for region
> identifier to exist. <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>*.
> <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
> New issues: None
> Closed issues: None
> Recently discussed issues: n <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/264>one
>
> *Agenda+ AOB*
>
> *References*
>
> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 18 January 2017 07:43:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:36 UTC