RE: Alternate syntax for required features.

Thanks Glen,

I wasn't aware that the editors draft was 'public' yet, (in the past I
have been unable to access the draft copies because I / Screen are not
W3C members :-(
I'll take a look at this after NAB...

In general my main concern is that DFXP is very complex... I feel that
it currently will be seen as a big step up to move from EBU TR3264 to
DFXP...
My concern is that the apparent complexity will inhibit the adoption of
DFXP by TV broadcasters (for traditional TV broadcasting).
That would be a tremendous shame considering the efforts that have been
put into it so far...

It's a difficult road to tread, since clearly creating an easy
transition path will preclude the opportunity for commercial
organisations to profit from assisting in any migration.
However, my personal view is that there is and will never be a clear
demand for a migration (merely a need / opportunity? that is
unrecognised by most broadcasters!), so the commercial driver will not
actually exist anyway.

That's the drive behind my desire for a clear definition / example set
for lightweight DFXP.

best regards,

John