Re: tracking-ISSUE-219 (Context separation): 3rd parties that are 1st parties must not use data across these contexts [Compliance Current]

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 08:41:29 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Hi!

as indicated in my separate mail, we should differentiate between
1 - privacy-preserving personalisation by 3rd parties (i.e., data re-use
across sessions within a 3rd party context)
2 - information transfer from 1st to 3rd party context
3 - information transfer from 3rd to 1st party context

My subjective interpretation is that Walter et. al. discuss (2) and
maybe (3) while David seems to raise a point on (1).

Regards,
matthias