tracking-ISSUE-216 (Contracts and Branding): Does “Contractual relationships and branding” provide an equal level of privacy controls as “ownership and branding” in the context of DNT? [Compliance Current]

From: Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 17:52:23 +0000
To: public-tracking@w3.org
tracking-ISSUE-216 (Contracts and Branding): Does “Contractual relationships and branding” provide an equal level of privacy controls as “ownership and branding” in the context of DNT? [Compliance Current]

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/216

Raised by: Alan Chapell
On product: Compliance Current

I believe that we have WG consensus that common ownership, control and branding provides sufficient transparency and privacy controls. Building on some of David Wainberg’s recent posts, I believe that branding and contractual provisions provide an equivalent level of transparency and control.