Re: TPE Handling Out-of-Band Consent (including ISSUE-152)

Hi!

for consent, we now have 4 cases:
1. The site has in-band consent (=DNT;0 either as a preference or an
exception)
2. The site is reasonably certain that it has out of band consent
3. The site uses out of band consent and a user can see (and maybe
manage) this out of band consent via "control" link
     and the site promises to respect it

I believe this translates into two qualifiers:
  C = I obtained consent (either in-band or out-of-band)
  c  = I will handle your data according to the out of band consent that
you can retrieve via "control"
        (in this case, the control link is mandatory).

If browsers care, they can differentiate the cases (1) and (2) by means
of the fact whether they have sent a DNT;0 or not.

Does this sound like an appropriate resolution?

Regards,
  matthias