DNT:1 and "data append"

From: John Simpson <john@consumerwatchdog.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:44:11 -0700
To: "<public-tracking@w3.org> Working Group" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Colleagues,

I wanted to propose some privacy friendly text that would cover the "data append" situation when DNT:1 is sent.  I think others are working on possible language,  but I wanted to make my proposed language available for consideration and discussion.

Normative
When DNT:1 is received:

-- A 1st Party MUST NOT share share identifiable data with another party.
-- A 1st Party MUST NOT combine identifiable data from another party with data it has collected while a 1st Party.

Cheers,
John

---------
John M. Simpson