Re: TPE Handling Out-of-Band Consent (including ISSUE-152)

How could a user or user agent audit out of band permissions using that
model?  How could a user ever withdraw consent?

This is not a good actor/bad actor problem.  A
convinces-themselves-they're-good-but-actually-a-teensy-bit-devious
actor could get "consent" using a bad user flow, and there would be no
way for a user or anyone else to hold them accountable for that without
feedback.

I was not aware this discussion was actually an open issue --- I thought
it had been settled a long time ago.  ISSUE-152 is merely about whether
we need to mandate that the user agents have a UI that allows users to
see and intermediate out of band consent assertions.

Justin Brookman
Director, Consumer Privacy
Center for Democracy & Technology
tel 202.407.8812