Re: TPE Handling Out-of-Band Consent (including ISSUE-152)

I propose that the server be able to respond that it will comply with the
DNT standard and behave appropriately.  The eventual discovery as to
whether or not there is an out-of-band consent on-file will then dictate
the server's permitted retention and use of the data. Only a bad actor who
is willing to lie to the user will indicate compliance and then store or
use the data in ways that are not permitted.

Out-of-band systems may well communicate the fact that there is an
out-of-band consent during a later communication with the server
applications.  Attempting to force real-time disclosure of OOBC is not
fully out-of-band; it is an attempt to force some of the consent detection
and disclosure in-to-band.

--ronan