Re: Chair's comment on charter renewal objection

Ralph,

Can you perhaps comment on why support for this objection is being
solicited in the form of emails to ac-forum rather than as a poll? Is this
common?

Peter,

Regardless of what happens with the formal appeal now making its way
through the process, I would encourage you to take it not as a personal
slight but rather a manifestation of a long-standing concern that has been
raised repeatedly within the group and underlies many of the discussions
the group has had and continues to have. I understand the desire to make
speedy progress towards a tangible result, but if people don't agree in
which direction we should be running it's unlikely we'll arrive at the
finish line as a group.

-Ian (as an individual)