Re: ISSUE-10 First party definition, ISSUE-60, ACTION-?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 02:48:47 +0100
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Cc: Alexander Hanff <a.hanff@think-privacy.com>, public-tracking@w3.org, 'John Simpson' <john@consumerwatchdog.org>
* Rigo Wenning wrote:
>If the user clicks on them (the Spec clearly says onmouseover is not
>sufficient), this is like clicking on a link. Saying that clicking on a
>link or a widget on the web you'll expect that it won't bring you
>somewhere else is not matching what this technology has been doing since
>its inception.

Clicking on a link on http://www.w3.org/ might take me to another page
but it's very unlikely that the click would take me to another "party".
Even if it did, that would seem irrelevant to this thread, which is a-
bout tracking by third parties on first party web sites. To stick with
the example, if I go to http://www.w3.org/ and type something into the
"Google" search box without submitting what I typed, can Google use the
data, if they receive any, under first party rules? If I turn off style
sheets, the box would not mention "Google" in any way (for that matter,
if you use a browser that does not support style sheets to begin with,
it's the same. Likely also if a blind person uses the site, since the
only indication of "Google" seems to be image-based without alternative
text).