Re: Revised text issue 25: Aggregated data collection and use for audience measurement research: ACTION 415

I agree with Justin that the rationale lacks substantive justification.   In addition, Mr. Chassin's presentation was unpersuasive (and actually raised more questions than he answered).  Peter, I believe, had some questions regarding his presentation.

Nor am I convinced based on the scant evidence that this isn't about users--for after all, the measurement will ultimately impact how users are treated (even through their personnas which I consider the equivalent).  The duration of the data is also excessive.

Given the changing dimensions of the measurement paradigm to total cross platform tracking (for targeting purposes), the measurement community needs to provide more information and a more sharply defined proposal that protects DNT: 1 users.

I have sent this to Prof. Turow and will send his response as well.

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20009