Re: Tracking Protection Working Group Extended

Peter / Thomas -

Was the charter renewal discussed by the WG prior to renewal?

I don't remember it being raised. And it seems rather odd to me that it
wasn't mentioned over the past few days given that we were all together.
In previous charter renewals, there was at least some discussion both on
the list and during the f2f.  I'd be surprised if I were the only person
uncomfortable with how this appears to have unfolded this time.

Aside from the potential process issue, this may create a substantive
issue. We haven't required UA's to clearly describe the DNT functionality
- an issue that I've raised repeatedly and one that has not been given
much consideration to date IMO. If the rationale for this is related to
the charter (I.e., we won't dictate UI), then the charter absolutely
should have been subject to some discussion prior to renewal. I'd
appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Alan