Re: good luck with the travel…'historic' blizzard forecast...

If MIT is like CMU, they will only be closed on Monday if the Governor continues to request it. I doubt the Governor will decide until Sunday night, at which point it will be too late to react. Coming up with a backup plan if MIT is closed, including wifi and phone lines, seems like a prudent prerequisite for proceeding.

~4000 flights canceled and Amtrack shut down [1]. Those still planning to travel are advised to check flight status prior to leaving for the airport.

I think the TPWG leadership has made the best decisions they can in the face of ever-changing forecasts. But now that we have more information, including the transit cancelations and Governor's response, I suggest the following:
	- Postpone the f2f.
	- Hold the normally scheduled Wednesday call.
	- Request from a waiver from the membership on the 8 weeks' notice requirement for an in person meeting. Take an actual vote on the call. If anyone has reason to vote to keep the eight week requirement firm, please speak up now.
	- Hold an event soon -- in March -- on the west coast. Google would be a lovely host, as they have graciously offered many times. I expect Berkeley and Stanford are reasonable fall back options. We have several other members with HQs out here that could potentially accommodate 80+ people for three days. I think we can work something out.

I know this suggestion is not optimal either. There will be people who can at least call in next week who may not even be able to call in for March. That's how large groups are. I support whatever choice is made.

Personally, I would not want to mess around in Boston while the city freaks out. After the hurricanes we're going to see over-reactions on the eastern seaboard for a little while, and the snow may be as bad as feared. No way to know until it is too late to respond.

With the flights canceled, at least we all get our travel budget back to use the next time. Hotels are not likely to charge for cancelations either.

	Aleecia
	[1] http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2013/02/major-blizzard-bears-down-on-northeast-4000-flights-cancelled/