Re: Housekeeping: Closing ISSUE-140 (concrete/explicit list of exceptions)

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>

> thanks for the feedback!
>
> As part of the other response, you said that you disagree with the all-or-nothing approach of the API.
> I agree that this needs discussion.
Yes.  Is there a separate issue for whether exception requests are all-or-nothing?  If not, there should be.
> ISSUE-140 was about whether explicit-explicit exceptions shall be possible.
>
> According to my understanding, our conclusion was that this should be possible:
> - A site can publish its third-parties using the tracking-status resource (field third-party)
> - A user agent MAY constrain a site-wide exception to this list of third parties
> - A user agent is free to not display those lists as part of the user interface (e.g.,
>   using one UI for site-wide with and without lists of third-parties)
Again, this was *your* proposal.  It met with sustained objections from multiple participants.  It does not have consensus.
> I double checked and I believe that this agreement may currently NOT be fully reflected in the draft.
> As a consequence, I will leave ISSUE-140 open.
>
> TODO:
> - If you disagree with the outlined agreement, please provide alternative text
The TPE Editor's Draft already includes a JavaScript API for explicit-explicit exceptions.  I'd simply retain it.