Re: Examples of successful opt-in implementations

If you mean "in perpetuity" gets changed to "until the user changes the
remembered preference via some options ui" I have no problem with at
change. But if I've adequately captured the ask for the rest of proposal,
e.g. Basically something that requires the user to click something
somewhere each time they visit a website for the first time, with no way to
say "stop bugging me about this crap, unbreak my Internet!" that would make
me shed tears of European origin :-)