Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Peter Cranstone
<peter.cranstone@gmail.com>wrote:

> >> But there are cases you can detect where the setting was, more likely
> than not, NOT set by the user.
>
> Again – you'll have to show me the code that does this. I've already
> posted mine to the forum.
>
> Microsoft were smart – the real compliance issue at stake here is "WHO"
> set the flag. I would argue that you can not determine that with anywhere
> near the accuracy required to deliver a consistent online experience. And
> even if you could the performance hit on the servers is so huge that no
> admin would ever make those changes.

What you claim is a "huge performance hit on the servers" is something that
almost every large site is already doing to redirect mobile users to a
specific site, tell IE6 users they're unsupported, etc.