Re: The Rubber meets the Road - DNT compliance code

Ian,

This is a case of win the battle on the forum but lose the war in the real
world. It doesn't matter if it's neither hard or complex. The point is that
it has to be done, tested and then updated and maintained. That requires
resources – not something that everyone can afford to do.

Secondly, lets flog the dead horse one more time on "who set the DNT flag".
If I have to write code that cannot guarantee 100% accuracy when it comes to
this privacy setting AND there are legal consequences of me getting said
code wrong (i.e. fines or pissed off customers) then I'm not going to do it.

We all know that per the spec that MSIE is not compliant because it sets the
flag by default. But what admin in his right mind is going to reject it? If
the server is DNT compliant then there is NO downside to MSIE setting the
default.

We're back to stupid browser wars again and pissing off the customer. Not a
good thing.

Peter
Peter J. Cranstone
720.663.1752