Re: diff of TPE editing since the FPWD

As I step back and think about it for a moment I feel that the potential
ambiguities around the definition of "cross site tracking" might be less
intractable than those around "first and third party" which is where we've
gotten into a tangle over the past weeks.

Among the many complexities that we've encountered in this respect are that
third party domains are often merely software tool used by first parties,
and that first parties have to be restricted from sharing their data with
third parties. All of this is addressed & defined more cleanly in a "cross
site tracking" paradigm. A good "cross site" definition could simplify
things greatly, close potential loopholes for first parties and build
greater consensus.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the consensus of the group early on
was to focus on cross-site tracking; part of the problem in definitions
seems to be that we aren't being clear about that.

--
Sean Harvey
Business Product Manager