Re: ISSUE-130: Web-wide exceptions - iare there objections to permitting those?

I agree that conceptually it might make sense for users to configure Web-wide exceptions (DNT:0 for a particular third-party domain wherever it's seen), but I don't believe that there's consensus that we need an API for this in our specifications.

For example, the current text suggests that it should be possible but should be left up to user agent configuration rather than the specification.
http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-dnt.html#web-wide-exceptions

We're currently waiting on ACTION-120 (open on ISSUE-113) to define the language for a JavaScript API to prompt for Web-wide exceptions and how that would work. (This action was originally opened on Shane in February, and then I've eventually transitioned it to Alex D, who asked for an extension to this week. I'm still willing to help anyone draft the JavaScript language here, though I personally suspect that the current text is sufficient.)

If ISSUE-130 is just asking whether this configuration should be possible for a user (through whatever mechanism), then I agree we should close it. (If we leave it as on open question for user agents, for example, then we don't need to answer what its EU-jurisdiction implications are.) If it's an issue as to whether we need a JavaScript API for those exceptions and how that API should look, then I think we can close 130 as a duplicate of ISSUE-113 which remains open until we have a text alternative to the current text in the spec.

Thanks,
Nick