building consensus

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 08:35:35 -0400
To: "public-tracking@w3.org WG" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi,

we all receive a lot of emails (I must be around 500~1000 a day for W3C mailing-lists).
When replying, think about how moving the resolution, the consensus forward. There are many ways to do that:

* Asking for clarification
* Suggesting prose for a specification
* Giving *concrete* examples (happening now in the world)
* Showing, explaining *existing* implementations
* etc.

Think that anything that is discussed and/or proposed has to be implemented and that the will to be implemented exist among participants. No matter we wish a feature, if there is no practical move in implementing it among participants, it will not happen.

"+1", "I disagree", etc. doesn't help moving forward in creating something concrete.
Thanks.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/