Re: [Talent-Signal] relating competencies to job postings

Merrilea, you are correct that the use of progression models (in your
example,  "Level 1 - Beginner", "Level 2 - Intermediate"...) are frequent
(but not pervasive) and some existing rubrics and public competency
framework models use them. ASN (and CTDL-ASN) have a complexityLevel
property to capture this data about a competency). Should there be movement
toward subtyping DefinedTerm to something like Competency definition, such
a property might be considered.

There is another aspect to this, you note that that there is a "world of
difference between Level 1 and Level 4". I'd say that "Critical Thinking"
at level 1 and "Critical Thinking" at level 4 *are not the same thing at
all*...so why would they all be labeled (and URI'd) as thought they were
the same thing?  Why not, "Beginning Critical Thinking", "Intermediate
Critical Thinking", "Advanced Critical Thinking", and "Expert Critical
Thinking"--*each with its own definition*. (but, I am tilting at windmills).