Re: AS2/AP tasks for a chartered social web working group

st 20. 9. 2023 v 12:16 odesílatel Bumblefudge von CASA <
virtualofficehours@gmail.com> napsal:

> On 20/09/2023 09:55, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
> I mention it because, depending on who you speak to, Nostr is already part
> of the functioning fediverse.
>
> On 19/09/2023 09:38, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
> Highly controversial items put a charter at risk, so we should avoid
> that.  Let's stick to ActivityPub, ActivityStreams and fediverse in general.
>
> So let me get this straight, Nostr *is* the Fediverse because it's been
> bridged, and Mitra
> <https://codeberg.org/silverpill/mitra/src/branch/main/src/activitypub/identifiers.rs#L18>
> (which loyally implements the AP spec) *isn't* because you don't like the
> authentication choices it made?

Nostr is well-integrated with the fediverse, recognized in projects like
Bridgy, mostr, ditto, and Soapbox. It's endorsed by notable figures
including Edward Snowden, Bob Martin, and Jack Dorsey, inventor of
microblogging. Its operation within the fediverse has been consistent from
my perspective. Given its current functionality, standardizing bridges
might be less urgent. Indieweb also appears to integrate smoothly with the
broader fediverse.

I haven't offered any commentary on Mitra and am not familiar with the
project.