Re: October 6th Meeting and Calls for WG Scope Contributions [via Social Web Incubator Community Group]

so 7. 10. 2023 v 16:02 odesílatel James <jamesg@jamesg.blog> napsal:

> As part of our role in facilitating consensus, it is important that we are
> moving discussions forward productively. Significant discussion has gone on
> with regard to a prospective WG charter in the mailing list and in meetings
> but we were lacking a single place where specific points people wanted to
> action on were aggregated. Many members' support of a WG has been
> contingent upon conditions being met, a one being a clear, defined scope.
>
> The end goal of the CG in advising on any prospective WG charter is a
> scope that codified the views of the community and that has received
> consensus. A wiki helps us get closer -- having one collaborative document
> everyone can refine -- while ensuring participation is open to all members.
> I provided guidance on how to access the wiki in the initial email
> announcing the page, although should that not be sufficient I am happy to
> prepare a primer.
>
> If there are objections from the community, we can move to another
> platform. Working practices can and should change should a mode of
> documentation hinder the majority of the group's ability to do productive
> work.

Thanks James.  A bit of transparency regarding decisions would be helpful.
You said "The idea was privately raised by a CG member", but you didnt say
which member.  Shouldnt we be doing this out in the open?

Regarding the wiki, there seems to be quite a few indieweb specs in there.
I was wondering if you could give a quick update on the current state of
indieweb, in particularly 2 questions I have:

- What is the approximate DAU of the indieweb itself
- Roughly how many devs are active

I appreciate that there is a range of specs that go over and beyond
indieweb, but it would be good to get a rough ball park of where the
movement is compared with 6 years ago (by the way I'm a member, and run
code on my own homepage too :))