Re: Introductions (was Re: First 2023 SWICG meeting call on Fri May 19)

čt 18. 5. 2023 v 2:26 odesílatel Johannes Ernst <johannes.ernst@gmail.com>
napsal:

> I’m Johannes Ernst, current relevant projects:
>
> * FediForum: an unconference that aims to bring the people together who
> move the Fediverse forward https://fediforum.org/
>
> * Dazzle: an early tech + governance project to get back our personal data
> from the big platform overlords taking advantage of recent data privacy
> laws and that will have ActivityPub support https://dazzle.town/
>
> * UBOS: a Linux distro specifically made for self-hosting and some other
> things https://ubos.net/
>
> * Occasional cat herder, e.g. March SWICG meeting, recent survey here,
> helping to put a Fediverse developer network together etc
>
> Previously relevant:
>
> * ca 2004-2010: Light-Weight Identity, which used URLs as identifiers for
> people and GPG key pairs to, among other things, send authenticated and
> encrypted messages from personal URL to personal URL. (Yes, I have an
> opinion on HTTP Signatures, payloads and how they should be used for social
> use cases …)
>
> * ca 2005-2010: Yadis (which got us XRD, in case you wonder about where
> WebFinger got it from) https://yadis.org/

Actually Yadis was originally based on Linked Data, specifically FOAF.
XRD/JRD came a bit later.  Hence supporting 2 different standards today.

http://lj-dev.livejournal.com/683939.html

"Your global identifier throughout the web isn't "happygirl234324" or an
email address, or "bradfitz@identityserver.com", but your FOAF URL. So you
also choose how much info you do or do not want to share in there."