Re: First 2023 SWICG meeting call on Fri May 19

On 2023-05-17 19:56, Dmitri Zagidulin wrote:
> 1) (NON-AGENDA item) Although the common first call agenda tradition is
> introductions, I'm wondering if we can shortcut the introduction process
> by doing it elsewhere, such as on the SWICG mailing list, or SocialHub
> forum. Otherwise there's a good chance that we'll take up the whole call
> with intros. :)

Hi, I'm Sarven Capadisli. Some of you may remember me as one of the
co-developers of laconica, StatusNet, and identi.ca (2008-2010). :)
Strangely, that feels both like a lifetime ago and just yesterday at the
same time.

As a person from the "control yourself" and "do it yourself" school of
thought, I love building and using what I need. I've been working
involved in the development of open web standards since 2006 in various
communities. I encourage self-publishing and work on tools like dokieli
( https://dokie.li/ ), a "clientside editor for decentralised article
publishing, annotations and social interactions" to help content
creators and readers.

I'm probably primarily known in this community as co-author of the
Linked Data Notifications specification that's been published by the W3C
Social Web Working Group. And contributions to Activity Stream
vocabulary, ActivityPub, and Social Web Protocols.

I chair the W3C Solid Community Group and serve as the lead
editor/author of the Solid Protocol (
https://solidproject.org/TR/protocol ) and some other Solid Technical
Reports.

I embrace the evolution of standards and development. For the near
future, I'm interested in seeing improved interoperability across
various specifications.

Lastly, I'm committed to an ethical and community-driven approach to web
technologies.

Let's make it so!

-Sarven
https://csarven.ca/#i