Re: Regular SWICG meetings and CG process

I suggest that Kevin goes too far in saying that @context is merely a
"courtesy to those who like using LD tooling." The use of JSON-LD when
creating objects is a requirement of the specification even though only a
JSON representation is considered to conform to the standard. The reliance
on JSON-LD not only facilitates extensions, it also ensures interworking
with those who wish to use "LD tooling" to process objects in formats other
than JSON. But, the requirement that objects be in JSON, not some format
which via JSON-LD tools could be converted to JSON, ensures that those
uninterested in alternative canonicalizations can remain blissfully
ignorant of them and unburdened by them.

As with most other protocols, we should follow Postel's Law
<https://devopedia.org/postel-s-law>: "Be liberal in what you accept, and
conservative in what you send." Those who create objects to be read by
others must ensure that those objects conform to the standard and also to
JSON-LD. However, those who read objects are properly less constrained.

bob wyman