Re: Should the specs be forked and maintained elsewhere?

pá 24. 3. 2023 v 22:08 odesílatel Marcus Rohrmoser <me+swicg@mro.name>
napsal:

> On 24 Mar 2023, at 17:17, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
> > We used "content negotiation" in Solid, and unfortunately, it has been
> > source of bugs for me. In my opinion, it was a non optimal design
> > decision
> > that added a lot of complexity.
>
> Thank you for your frank first-hand experience. I never was convinced of
> content-negotiation over thoroughly designed urls. When have you ever
> seen equivalent content offered at the same URL, differentiated by
> content negotiation? As a must?
>
> But insisting on a certain Accept request header value for the single
> possible response is just sullen.
>
> That's not how servers should behave (be graceful in what you accept and
> strict in what you serve).

Solid mandates content negotiation in its specification after version 0.7

It was part of the social web working group and is being proposed as a w3c
working group (ie recommendation track)

https://solid.github.io/solid-wg-charter/charter/

I expect there will be some sort of integration together with AP and AS2
over time