Re: Should the specs be forked and maintained elsewhere?

On 24 Mar 2023, at 17:17, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> We used "content negotiation" in Solid, and unfortunately, it has been
> source of bugs for me. In my opinion, it was a non optimal design
> decision
> that added a lot of complexity.

Thank you for your frank first-hand experience. I never was convinced of
content-negotiation over thoroughly designed urls. When have you ever
seen equivalent content offered at the same URL, differentiated by
content negotiation? As a must?

But insisting on a certain Accept request header value for the single
possible response is just sullen.

That's not how servers should behave (be graceful in what you accept and
strict in what you serve).

regards,
Marcus