Re: Let's meet. Was: Re: Should the specs be forked and maintained elsewhere?

> On Mar 24, 2023, at 00:43, mail@sebastianlasse.de wrote:
>
> I'd like to propose a modification to the next meeting:
>
> It will not fit within the 1 hour, the last 12 meetings were sometimes full and
> 1 hour was always to less, so maybe interested people can talk afterwards:

I think we can accomplish the following in 1 hour:

> Objective:
>    Collect views on the future of ActivityPub (and related) standardization
>    Emerge with some sense of common direction (or be more clear about where disagreements may lie)
>    A couple of next steps

It would basically establish a common ground upon which to move forward. Then all the rest -- and the backlog is tremendous afaikt — can follow.

I hesitate to deviate from that single-minded focus for this one meeting because this base objective is so fundamental. After all, not long ago, some people appeared to express the view that no further work was necessary by this group (at least that’s the impression I got)

> Quite a few projects in the fedi would be interested in https://sovereigntechfund.de/en funding and ask what exactly will be funded (mainly in fedi).

This is obviously a great opportunity and should be discussed.

Easiest might simply be to add a second hour right after once we’ve accomplished the objectives of the first hour. Does that work? Depending on how long that takes, other things could be discussed as well.

—

Everybody: reach out to your implementing friends (and enemies, as it may be :-)) and drag them to this meeting. I think we all want to hear what they have to say about what they need from AP and related going forward.

Cheers,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst
Blog: https://reb00ted.org/