Re: Should the specs be forked and maintained elsewhere?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2023 at 23:07, Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us> wrote:

> Aaron wrote:
>
>> We need at least two hour meetings, one hour meetings are never long
>> enough and theres always overrun and someone who has not had a chance to
>> get their time.
>
> Personally, I would prefer more frequent one-hour meetings to
> less-frequent two-hour meetings. While long meetings are often necessary, I
> find that meetings tend to expand to fill however much time is allocated to
> them...
>
> Who can call such a meeting? Does it have to be one of the chairs? And,
> what do we need to get it called? Can I do it? I have a Zoom account and
> could host if we could agree on a time. But, I'm also aware that some W3C
> groups use Jitsi. Is Zoom okay? What, if anything, stops one of us from
> calling a meeting?

It would be nice to have an initial short meeting or three in different
timezones like the fediverse unconference to judge the interest maybe ? As
that worked well.

Seeing as Zoom cost for more than an hour is anyone able to host an open
source equivalent meetings server like :-
  - https://jitsi.org/
  - https://bigbluebutton.org/

I do prefer an open source solution, but zoom would be okay if price is not
a variable also just for the initial meeting as it can be shorter.

We can do a https://www.eventbrite.com/ event like the fediverse
unconference did. Dunno if we want to do three timezones or not. I
generally stay up for East or West Coast Time as I am in the UK.

Aaron