Re: Meta Unspools Threads

> On Jul 6, 2023, at 16:25, Jacky Alcine <yo@jacky.wtf> wrote:
>
> I know people won't see it as such but we definitely lost the younger generation with this.  Those down might already be techies but this was more successful of convincing my youngest brother (22) to join a potentially federated space than four of the popular fediverse projects.

+100.

> We need more designers and UX experts; less developers and yak shaving.

And to do that, we need funded projects. And for that, we need:

1) definitions of projects that are worth of funding, in the eyes of the potential funder (not ours)
2) teams associated with those proposed projects that are fundable because they have a track record of (over-)delivering similar projects
3) … and whose members have a singular focus on delivering the results of the projects, rather than, as Jacky says, yak shaving.

I’m working on two of those, if you are, too, reach out? (Suggest off-list, this is a standards group after all)

Cheers,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst

Fediforum <https://fediforum.org/>