Re: Meta Unspools Threads

On July 6, 2023 11:32:24 PM UTC, Aaron Gray <aaronngray@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 at 00:25, Jacky Alcine <yo@jacky.wtf> wrote:
>
>> I know people won't see it as such but we definitely lost the younger
>> generation with this.  Those down might already be techies but this was
>> more successful of convincing my youngest brother (22) to join a
>> potentially federated space than four of the popular fediverse projects.
>>
>> We need more designers and UX experts; less developers and yak shaving.
>>

>We need more innovation and innovative ideas for sure. My initial attempts
>at getting support for just a PostsCommentsLikes feed within AS fell on
>death ears so I really don’t know where my other ideas would go.
>
>A.

Feed structure seems very different than the need to optimize presentational content around modern and effective UX stances. That sounds like something you can implement independently as a custom feed without requirement of some sort of consent here.

I'm explicitly asking for people working on clients to take the experience seriously. Try using Threads and note the "simplicity" of use versus using something like Tusky (I use it a lot).