W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > February 2009

[ALL] Agenda - Feb 10 2009 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC

From: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:47:00 +0100
To: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20090209144700.GA2844@octavius>

Agenda - Feb 10 2009 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
              Tuesday, 1600 UTC / 0800 Seattle / 1100 Boston /
                       1600 London / 1700 Amsterdam
              Phone : Boston: +1-617-761-6200
                      Nice: +33-4-8906-3499
                      Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
              Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
              IRC:   irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd (member-only)
              Web client: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Chair:  Tom
Scribe: pls volunteer - http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty

Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to registered
WG participants and persons invited by the chairs.  As of
2008-07-01, telecons are no longer held weekly but on an
"as needed" basis.

1. ADMIN (10 min)

PROPOSED to accept minutes of the last telecon:


Proposed next telecon: 17 February


SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)

ACTION: Alistair respond to Felix re: issue-188 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-swd-minutes.html#action01]
-- done http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jan/0086.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jan/0098.html - response

-- CR transition
   January: Request to advance SKOS Reference to Candidate Recommendation
   February: Request to advance SKOS Reference to Proposed Recommendation
   April: SKOS Reference W3C Recommendation decision

   2009-01-07. CR transition request

-- 2009-02-07 Comment from Magnus Knuth - proposed response (Antoine)

-- ISSUE-157 Last Call Comment: SKOS and OWL 2 analysis - still open

SKOS Ontology (part of Recommendation)
-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20081001/skos.rdf

-- 2009-02-07 Antoine proposes review (validation)

SKOS Primer (Antoine, Ed)

    2009-01-13. Published as Working Draft

-- 2009-02-07 new issue from Magnus Knuth (see above)

-- 2009-02-07 Updated Primer - accept as Working Draft?
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/primer/primer-20090207.html - updated
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/primer/primer-20090113.html - previous

ACTION: SKOS Editors drop "However, the use of mapping properties might..." sentence from the primer section 3.1 [recorded in [39]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-swd-minutes.html#action10] 
-- done http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Feb/0019.html

SKOS Use Cases and Requirements (editors Daniel, Jon, Antoine)
-- http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-skos-ucr-20070516/
-- http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/UCRMaterial/RequirementStatus

-- Schedule for Use Cases
   Use Cases should be ready by the time Reference is a Rec.
   March: SKOS Use Cases and Requirements published as WG Note

SKOS Implementation report

  2009-01-13. Implementation Report will be available at
  http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/implementation-report -
  URI is currently 404

   2009-01-06. Implementation report to consist of two types of implementations:
   1. at least two tools that can handle SKOS - editors or "checkers"
   2. at least two vocabularies that use a construct in our reference

   2009-01-12. DanBri on SKOS deployment stats from Sindice
   -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jan/0040.html

ACTION: Sean to report on SKOSED for SKOS implementation report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/06-swd-minutes.html#action10]

ACTION: Guus discuss with Sean editors for the SKOS implementation report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/27-swd-minutes.html#action04]

Relevant thread on SKOS implementation request:

SKOS other

-- Post-SWD W3C support for SKOS community
    [A placeholder - to be discussed before the end of charter.
    Possibilities: public-esw-thes@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org.
    Maintenance of http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/.]

3. RDFa

-- RDFa Task Force telecons Teleconferences on Thursdays, 1600 UTC -
      open to "everyone interested in RDFa"
      irc://irc.w3.org:6665/rdfa, conference code 7332# ('RDFa').

RDFa is a W3C Recommendation!!!!!
RDFa Primer published as WG Note
-- see 

RDFa Use Cases
-- Scheduled for publication as Working Group Note

ACTION: Ben review RDFa Use Cases and propose transition to Group Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]

-- Published as Working Group Note, 28 August:

ACTION: Ralph to review the revised Recipes draft [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-swd-minutes.html#action15]

ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]


2008-10-07. New editors draft

ACTION: Ralph post his comments on the editor's draft of the metadata note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/11/25-swd-minutes.html#action03]

6. AOB

-- SWD review of OWL WDs

ACTION: Guus to look at OWL documents for review [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/21-swd-minutes.html#action10]
-- done 2009-01-28. Proposed comments (Guus)

-- Vocabulary management

Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Received on Monday, 9 February 2009 14:47:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:55 UTC